I don’t know if this is something I can stick with but I seriously hope I can. I saw this post concept on another bloggers page and thought it was fantastic. It can bring together some of my favorite things. Gratitude, goal setting with my Core Desired Feelings (don’t know what those are? Find out HERE). The intention is to reflect on the past month and see where I landed in my goals. Nothing too huge, ideally, super do-able and maybe if we’re lucky, it’ll even be fun.
So to kick things off, since I didn’t set specific goals for October, I don’t have anything to check off. BUT. I do have my CDF’s and they are, as always, JOY, LIGHT, ABUNDANT, NOURISHED, DIVINE FEMININE.
Some of the things that happened in October that rocked my CDFs
1. One thing that brought me joy was photographing some of the homeschool peeps’ kids. Infinitely fun. Busy, energetic and not at all about getting paid. It was about being of service and having a good time. Check.
2. Light happened in a bit of a literal way. I bought a “Happy Light”. I try to use this bad boy daily and I’m fairly sure it is helping. Living North of 60 in the winter can make for some super bummer days so me and my happy light get together in the morning for a little one-on-one time. (the link to Amazon is an affiliate link)
3. Abundance, well she was all up in here in myriad ways. I quilted, I knitted, I cooked and I read. Lots. Abundantly. Score!
4. Nourished. This one is a complicated one for me. Sometimes, being nourished has to do with literal food. Sometimes being nourished is more about taking care of my soul. In the aforementioned craft projects and introspection time as well as a few runs and hikes, I was making sweet, sweet love to nourishment.
5. Last but not least is Divine Feminine. This one is about my inner goddess, my Shakti energy. Sexy, sensual, curvy, soft, feminine. Long hair, dangly earrings, frilly undies and matching bras. That’s what I’m talkin’ about. That’s some sexy, divinely feminine shit right there.
1. Studio “loose ends”
Since taking a break from the studio in March, a small handful of clients are still patiently waiting for their prints. This month, it is all getting wrapped up. Client orders printed and jpegs delivered so that they can get on with their Christmas plans.
2. Handmade Holiday list.
Because we practice a pretty strict, yet fun criteria for Christmas gifting (Something you want, something you need, something you wear and something you read) and I have the skills to KILL the “something to wear” category, I need to get ON IT. Some plans are taking shape. I borrowed a serger which will change everything. Every. Thing. I just need to write it all down and then set aside actual time. Ordering in what I need to because sometimes, in the North, you can’t find SHIT in the stores.
3. Prepare my December Daily pages
Of course, this depends entirely on when the kit arrives but after pre-making a bunch of pages last year, it was pretty easy to make the time to shoot, print and assemble regularly. Brooke is on the December Daily train this year too so I have a buddy to keep me going.
Not taking on too much is part of the secret to success for me. What are your gratitudes and goals for October and November. Share in the comments, I want to hear from you!